Are you fed up with your sore, aching jaw? Are you tired of your jaw popping every time you open your mouth? If this sounds like you, come see the TMJ experts at Downtown Denver Dental. Using a custom oral appliance, we can provide beneficial TMJ treatment in Denver. We can help you:
- Stop jaw pain and tenderness
- Eliminate jaw popping
- Make biting and chewing more comfortable
- Eliminate harmful teeth grinding
- Reduce the frequency and intensity of your headaches
If you need TMJ help, you can rely on our experienced team. Call Downtown Denver Dental today at 303-529-6493 to schedule an appointment. We’re located conveniently in Independence Plaza.
Get the TMJ Relief You Deserve
Your jaw joints, known as temporomandibular joints, or TMJs, sit on either side of your head. These complex joints control the opening and closing of your jaw. When they get inflamed, often for reasons that medical researchers aren’t certain of, common activities like eating, talking, and yawning can create excruciating pain.
Downtown Denver Dental can help with a custom-fit oral appliance. It will sit comfortably in your mouth while you sleep, moving the lower jaw slightly forward to ease tension on your TMJs. This treatment method provides many benefits:
- Your jaw will feel better, and tension in your neck and shoulders will decrease as well.
- It will help prevent bruxism, or teeth grinding. Over time, bruxism can damage your tooth enamel, which could require a crown or dental bonding to repair.
- Since teeth grinding is a leading cause of headaches, you may experience fewer and less-intense headaches and migraines.
Some patients may require an orthotic device to treat their TMJ pain. It is more complex than a standard TMJ appliance and is generally worn during the day as well. After your examination, we can tell you which type of appliance will work best for you.